Do you ever wonder if using social media can truly help your business?
What if we told you “The Sky is not the Limit”?
Social media has now become synonymous to digital marketing, going hand-in-hand with most – if not all – digital campaigns. However, social media is far from static and what worked a few months ago may not get you the same good results now.
Habits change, platforms evolve, and new platforms come into existence. All of this influences how people use and react to social media marketing, as well as how you are able to reach your audience.
Building social media communities
A big part of meaningful and valuable experiences on social media is the way that brands engage with their audience. While sharing posts that you believe your target audience will enjoy is part of maintaining your social media presence, you also need to encourage and cultivate interactions that are more than a simple like or share.
There are a lot of brands out there who seemingly have large social media followings and yet, when you look more closely at individual posts, their engagement levels are almost non-existent. Those brands that are seeing more engagement from their followers are doing so by building communities around their content.
While social communities aren’t a new concept, how brands build them is changing the way we interact with them. There are many brands, both B2C and B2B, that have massive followings with no real engagement. The bottom line is your online presence should expand your reach to ultimately drive more conversions.
Social media influencers and word-of-mouth marketing.
One benefit of building social media communities is the fact that they help with word-of-mouth marketing, which is another big social media marketing trend for 2020. Communities allow you to engage with nano or micro-influencers who are already advocates of your brand in order to get them to share honest views and experiences of your products or services.
We all know that influencers have been around for a while and they have now become an expected part of the social media experience. They can offer great benefits for brands, including a relatively high earned media value, especially now that Instagram usage is continuing to grow at an elevated rate.
Social media as customer service
Customer service is always going to be a vital aspect of providing a good customer experience, but in the digital age, the customer service you offer is a lot more visible to everyone online. As well as online customer reviews, customer complaints and issues are easier to find than ever before due to the fact that a lot of them are shared on social media.
Because social media is viewed as being so convenient, it is expected that brands will find it easy to use as a method of customer service.
Social Media Ads: Worth Adding to Your Strategy
Did you know 83% of people use social media when making purchasing decisions?
Advertising on social platforms allows you to boost brand exposure and reach ready-to-buy shoppers.
- More people purchasing directly from social media platforms — especially with the introduction of platforms like Facebook Marketplace for Business that allows people to buy without leaving Facebook.
- With the increased interest in among platform users, companies have a huge opportunity to use social story ads to promote their brand identity this year.
- Live streaming has always been a popular format that made increasing engagement in videos much more manageable. It allows users to be in the moment even when they can’t be there in person.
- Machine learning is making great strides in providing relevant ads to the customers that want them most, and in 2020 that’ll grow exponentially. As AI algorithms gain accuracy, your return on investment (ROI) and performance will increase.
- AI is taking over social media listening. You can then take this data, and along with yoursocial media ad analytics, optimize your paid ad campaigns and drive better results.
- With the integration of chatbots with search capabilities into social media messaging sites, you can boost your audience’s social media ad campaign engagement by providing them with meaningful, personalized conversation and content using your chatbot.
Follow up With so many areas of marketing and digital marketing, there are a huge number of changes across the industry that you need to keep up with. Vigàn Group is a full-service digital marketing company.